Monday, October 5, 2009

The Need to Re-Align Myself Regularly

Hebrews 13:5 indeed is a timely reminder to myself:

Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”*(Heb 13:5, NLT)

In other words, it is a declaration that God is my enough. He is my rich resource. He is my source of strength.

Yet, in this age, where we are constantly being bombarded with choices, temptations are everywhere and we can easily drawn away. It has to be a daily deliberate decision on our part to remind ourselves – God the enough!

I find that taking short “breaks”, distancing myself from what I am engrossed in, constantly asking myself “Why am I doing this?” is a good way for me to re-focus myself and re-aligning my priorities.

No comments:

Phrase Search/Concordance

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

The Christian Post RSS Feed - most popular