Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Reflections on Five Things Every Christian Needs To Grow by Dr. R.C. Sproul (Part 1)

Starting today, I wish to blog regularly on what I have learned from this simple, practical book by Dr. R.C. Sproul. I will do it by quoting excerpts from that book that God uses to speak to me and I will pen my own reflections on how these paragraphs from the book speak to me.

"If I don’t like something I read in Scripture, perhaps I simply don’t understand it. If so, studying it again may help. If, in fact, I do understand the passage and still don’t like it, this is not an indication there is something wrong with the Bible. It’s an indication that something is wrong with me, something that needs to change. Often, before we can get something right, we need to first discover what we’re doing wrong."



I don't know about you, but I have experienced times when I feel uncomfortable over what I have read in the Bible. And sometimes, I tend to skip those parts I don't like. And, sometimes, I would want to rationalize things, interpreting them the way I want to see it. How wrong! Just like a fresh wound that needs healing, it will the painful when we do the daily dressings with the antiseptic solution like povidone iodine, hibitane, etc. But that's exactly what is needed during the healing process in order to keep the minimize the risk of wound infections. The pain is temporal compared to the joy of eternal communion.

No comments:

Phrase Search/Concordance

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

The Christian Post RSS Feed - most popular